We really value our Customers’ privacy so we’d like to explain how we manage privacy. The information below explains how STERIS Instrument Management Services will collect and use your personal information when you visit our website or online stores.
What is personal information ?
Your personal information refers to any information that is personal to you such as: your email, your name, your gender or purchases you make.
How does STERIS Instrument Management Services collect your personal information?
We may collect your personal information in one of the following ways:
- When you register or use steris-ims.com (the “Website”).
- When you are registered on the STERIS Instrument Management Services Customer relationship management or “CRM” system.
- When you contact STERIS Instrument Management Services by telephone or email.
- When completing any online surveys (although you are under no obligation to complete these).
- When completing any forms for transactional, employment or other purposes.
What sort of personal information will STERIS Instrument Management Services collect about you?
In addition to personal details such as your name, date of birth, address, email and telephone number,
- Details of transactions you make with STERIS Instrument Management Services or STERIS (whether face-to-face or via the website).
- Details of your shopping preferences ( such as products, purchase history, refunds issued etc )
- Details of your visits to the Website
- Details of when you contact STERIS Instrument Management Services by email, post or telephone. Please note that we my keep a record of that correspondence.
- Any other information from which we can identify you (or which is available on public registers).
The information you provide to us will be held on our computer systems and server networks in the UK and may be accessed by third parties (some of whom may be located outside of the EU). These third parties may act on our behalf or for other purposes as approved by you. Examples of what third parties may use third party data processors for may include : fulfilling and order delivery, processing payment details ( including credit cards ) and credit reference agencies or postcode look ups ( to protect our Customers from fraud )
What does STERIS Instrument Management Services use your personal information for?
We will treat all your personal information as private and confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in certain circumstances, as set out below).
We confirm that any personal information which you provide to us will be held securely and in accordance with the registration that we have with the Data Commissioner’s Office. We will use and process your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998/GDPR 2018 as amended from time to time, as well as any other relevant data protection or privacy legislation. The types of uses may include :
- Processing any orders that you make via the Website (please note that your details may need to be passed to a third party in order for them to supply or deliver the product or service that you ordered and to process your payment details ( we do not handle payments on our own sites or servers ) we may also retain your details for a reasonable period of time after you have completed the transaction in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees or confirmations etc).
- Process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions using a third party provider
- With your consent, retain your personal information, preferences and details of your transactions in order to keep you informed by email, post, mobile messaging, telephone and/or through other digital means (including social media platforms) about products and services (including special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on) offered by STERIS Instrument Management Services, as well as recommending those which we feel will be of particular interest to you.
- Register you on the Website and where this involves setting you up with an account, we will use your personal information to maintain and update your account (e.g. such as a change of address).
- Assess and process your job application (we may retain a record of your information for a reasonable period of time following the end of our recruitment selection process for administration purposes).
- Comply with our legal obligations (for example, if you purchase an instrument or item you confirm that you are a healthcare professional, that when the item is sold it complies with online and distance selling rules and that all our data is managed and processed in accordance with EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018).
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police (or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities) to provide your personal information or any other information we obtain about you, we are entitled do so.
Your right to be forgotten
We will not keep any of the personal information we hold about you for any purpose or purposes for longer than is necessary for that purpose or for those purposes. Under data protection legislation you have the right to access information held about you. We must provide this information within 72 working hours free of charge, if you choose to remove your information from our systems we must also document this and provide you with evidence we have completed this action.
How can I unsubscribe?
If at any point you no longer wish us to hold your personal information or you do not wish to receive information from us then there are a number of ways you can unsubscribe. These are as follows:
You can click onto the “unsubscribe” link in any communication that we send to you by email which will automatically unsubscribe you from that type of communication. Each “unsubscribe” link only relates to that specific type of communication (e.g. marketing communications or survey communications). This means that unsubscribing from marketing communications will not automatically unsubscribe you from our survey communications (or vice versa). Please also note that you may continue to receive communications which are already on their way to you for a short period of time while your relevant unsubscribe request is being processed.
Alternatively, you can contact our Customer services team by calling 01332 387100 Monday to Friday: 9am-10pm and Sundays: or emailing us on email@example.com
You can write to our UK Data Information Officer
5960 Heisley Road
United States of America
Google Analytics : A widely used tracking and website performance tool which enables us to understand how people use our site and where we may need to make improvements ( these only record an action and are not defined as personally identifiable ) https://analytics.google.com/
Adwords : From time-to-time we may pay to advertise on Google or other search engines, we will track your data from the advert click through to our website ( again these only record an action and are not defined as personally identifiable ) https://adwords.google.com/home/
STERIS.com ‘share’ tools
We know you love to share great content. Please be aware that social networking sites, like Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, might send cookies. We don’t control the setting of these third-party cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
We hope that explains how we use your data more clearly. Please be aware you can set your browser to reject cookies or you can delete them yourself if you wish.
Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy and cookies policy.